Thursday, July 28, 2016

NATHAN and his KNIFE

When we went to Sturbridge Village last, I decided it was time to get Nathan and Joshua pocket knives. It was supposed to be a surprise, but Nathan saw them on the counter and from that time was anxiously asking me when I was going to show him how to use it.
The day finally came and we headed out to the yard for our first lesson. Mommy and I had planned on having a backyard campfire and camp out that night in the backyard, so I had Nathan sharpen sticks (for what, he didn't know at the time). He used the saw on his knife to cut little branches from the tree next to our house and then I showed him how to remove the small twigs and sharpen the ends. He was good at the sawing, but needed a little more practice with the intricacies of cutting. He did well. 






No comments: