This of course meant that we off loaded the boys on some friends and family. A little bit of down time and relaxation was a welcome option.
"Aaahhh... you didn't take em' with you," you say?
Uh uh. Might have been nice... We love the kids and all, but...
Long car ride + kids that don't sleep in the car - sleep = WRONG ANSWER!
So, Grandma and Grandpa Waller had the honor of hosting Nathan and "Auntie" Nicole was gracious enough to take on the task of caring for Joshua and potentially wiping out a perfectly good night of sleep.
He also got to play with the "big kids" toys during children's church! This getting older thing ain't half bad after all.
Hey is that an old picture of Ricky? No, it's Nathan with that brand spankin' new Inch Worm. I didn't even know they still made those things! Leave it to Grandma...
Turns out Joshua was nice enough to sleep from midnight until 5am for Nicole... something he hadn't done for us yet. As a matter of fact, know that I think about it... he still hasn't! Interesting how things like that happen huh?
Somehow, when we had him back at home, he forgot how nice it was to sleep for long stretches and went back to the 2-3 hour thing at night. Nice.
Good weekend though. Hurricane Hanna made a little noise and pushed the wedding inside, but we had a little over 24 hours without the luxury of having to feel like parents... NICE. I woke early on Sunday morning... looked around and thought I was in a Disney movie... you know the one with Alice and the Cheshire Cat?
Yeah... this is what I saw...
No comments:
Post a Comment