Saturday, March 16, 2013

NATURE HUNT

Mommy needed to get the older boys (me included?) out of the house so that she could get some things done, so she suggested that I take them for a walk under the premise that Nathan could fill in a worksheet he had from one of his nature walk groups.

I decided that rather than wander around the neighborhood I would take them to Lynch Park where there is plenty of variety. Little did I know there would be plenty of wind too... it was cold! The boys didn't seem to mind though as they "skated" on the ice formed from puddles in the grass and ran after the squirrels and birds.

I had Nathan bring his camera along so he could practice with it and take pictures of the things on his list. He also enjoyed filling in the squares on the list as he found and cataloged things. The boys were able to get through most of the list before the camera battery died (I hadn't been able to fully charge it & did I mention it was COLD) and the boys' desire to hit the playground took over.













This SQUIRREL was a bonus... he wasn't on the list.

No comments: