Saturday, October 25, 2008

Touch A Key... Any Key.



Press play for some "puter" time

I was going through some of our computer things looking for some info I needed and came across a Sesame Street CD that Nana gave us when Nathan was too young too even crawl in a straight line, let alone accurately press buttons.

It's designed to teach kids about the "intricacies" of using the computer and by intricacies I mean, mashing buttons and madly sliding the mouse around. To preserve our new laptop, I dug up our old one for Nathan to use and abuse. Loaded the program and fired it up.

He was a little leery at first because he hasn't been allowed to use our computer (unless Nana Laureen is around) and he wasn't sure what to do with his new found freedom. That all changed once he got to decorate it with stickers and realized that the keys didn't have an electrical charge or anything to hurt him when he touched them. This morning midway through "playing toys" he asked about the "puter" and the Elmo "movie", so we took a trip to Sesame Street.

He's really good at mashing the space bar... we're working on getting him to fully figure out the mouse. I think he's assuming that it will run away if he's not gentle with it.

This doesn't look like a mouse... what's Daddy talking about?

OK... Mr. Mouse... don't run away please.

1 comment:

MB Brown said...

That's great! I am still leary about letting Sammie on the putter herself! How fun!!
-Becky