Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We're still here...

November came and went and Daddy neglected his duties as honorary Waller Family blog master... my apologies to those of you who check in from time to time for a peek into Wonderful World of Wallerama (that's a whole lot of drama with a little Waller thrown in for extra tang).

So, here's November in a nutshell...

Daddy has been home quite a bit recently due to vacation days that need to be used and a family that he lost a lot of time with while at his "home away from home" during the busy Summer months at work.

Being at home on the days Julie has gone back to work part time, also means that I have double duty on the regular. My saving grace? The Baby Bjorn. This little Swedish gem of ingenuity allows me to keep my wing man Joshua occupied while I tend to Nathan and his ever growing need to read books, play games and of course eat.

God is good. I truly feel blessed to spend time at home surrounded by my own family circus. Julie and I often find ourselves laughing even when the kids are sleeping, because of something entertaining that went down... usually at my expense.

Have you seen the movie, the MATRIX? I had a Matrix moment the other day, that I wish could have been captured on film. I had just fed Joshua his bottle and finished burping him... all looked well... I'm thinking "nice". I shifted him to my other leg to lay him down and all of a sudden I heard the tell tale gurgle of doom. Time seemingly slowed down and I could clearly see the blast of formula coming towards my face as I threw my head back, while at the same time saying NoooOOoooooOOOooooo (remember time had slowed down so my voice was extra deep and drawn out). The initial spray stopped half and inch short of my nose... a single tiny droplet landing curtly on my cheek as the rest splashed back down on the baby and time returned to regular speed. Hilarious stuff... I keep playing it back in my mind.


I just wait for you to get within range and then... ha ha ha...

Nathan has gotten to a stage in life where he wants to know what you're doing ALL the time. He could be in another room and you'll hear him call out "What you doin?" which he will repeat over and over again until you answer him and then after you answer him, he'll repeat it some more. Even if he's in the same room, you've already told him what you're doing, and he can clearly see what you're doing he will ask you what you're doing.

This can only be topped by the "What I do now?" question that he throws out there when he's in a room full of toys and books. I fear this is the very early stages of the adolescent "I'm bored" statement. They say children grow up fast these days, but this just isn't right.

- Joshua had his 4 month checkup and he's now 24 1/2 in height and 13lb. 7oz. For the record... at 4 months Nathan was 24 3/4 and 14lb.

- We switched Joshua's formula to see if that helps curb his proficiency at "reverse eating", more commonly referred to as spitting up. There's a possibility he has a milk allergy, but only this little switcheroo and a little time will tell.

- We spent Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Waller's house this year. Nathan was thrilled to bang around the house with his older and believe it or not WILDER cousins.

- The Christmas/Valentines tree was cut down the day after Thanksgiving and is in full regalia in our living room. The Valentines call out is because February is when our trees have been known to finally return to the outdoors in the past... Julie likes to get all she can out of our fine needled friends. Get some heart ornaments hang em' up... it's grand! I'm joking. That has yet to happen.
My tip of the month: buy a Fraser Fir... the needles take a long time to fall off and they smell really Christmasy and stuff.

- BUMBO! Sitting has never been so easy.

Well, that's the abridged version of what should have been the November blog entries.

Bring on December! Mail your packages early so the mail system has time to lose them before Christmas.

What I do now?

1 comment:

Tales from the Teal's said...

Loved it! I still want you to write mine for me! All these good memories to look back on. You do an AWESOME job!