Saturday, March 24, 2012

FOOSBALL Anyone?

Nana Laureen got Nathan a mini Foosball table for Christmas and it quickly became a favorite of hiss. He's pretty much always had great coordination, but his ability to quickly advance his skills continues to surprise me the older he gets. After just a couple of demonstrations, he was "blazing" shots as we say and blocking like a champ. He's also extremely good at playing the angles which is key to foosball success. It's gotten to the point where I legitimately have to try sometimes because I fall behind.
We've been playing "FOOS" as Nathan lovingly calls it pretty much every day. He's become a Foos Fanatic! He even wanted to bring it outside the other day so that we could play while he got fresh air. If you told me that I would be playing semi competitive Foosball with Nathan a couple months ago I would have laughed, but practice makes perfect for him... he even plays by himself sometimes pretending that I'm on the other side of the table as he hones his shot.
I told him that I used to play a lot in college (even tournaments) on full size tables where you have to play with a partner or control 4 handles at the same time. The Foosball table he has only has 2 handles per side and he seemed jilted after hearing that. He has pledged that when he's a big boy, maybe he will play on a big table too.

Our favorite phrases after scoring a shot you ask?
"It's like Burger King... Have it your way!" (which is often shortened to simply "Have It!")
and
"I just blazed you!" (when it's an exceptionally hard shot)

I'm going to start clearing a level spot in the basement for the future "big boy table"... BRING IT ON!

No comments: