Friday, May 18, 2012

DOZING OFF... not an option!

Here's one for the people that say "but I just left the room for one minute..." when trying to explain how their child got into something. You know, you've seen em' on the news. I've always wonder why they haven't figured out that kids have no use for time because they don't understand it yet.

I've done the math and though it doesn't make logical sense... 1 second to and adult is the equivalent of 1 minute in kid time because they move at some sort of hyper speed. Hence, there is no logic when dealing with kids. This also helps explain how they seem to get old so much quicker than adults... but that is a topic for another day.

Noah has been getting up at the "crack of dawn" as Julie likes to say and I've been caught dozing off on a couple of occasions in the playroom, only to wake up and find Noah trying to call Albuquerque on the phone or seeing just how much milk he can spray in his face with the bottle (he thoroughly enjoys the bottle thing).

The wee ones are sneaky I tells ya! Don't let your guard down for a second... uh minute... yeah, you know what I mean.

The Approach (he's sprinting mind you...)
Alley-oop!!
Homing In...
Locking On...
Target Aquired!
Collateral Damage... The Pillage!
This documented little event took right around 10 seconds from start to finish. Noah ran across the room, vaulted onto the couch, grabbed the baby monitor and was ready to pillage the "Not for Noah" (toys too small) in a flash. The camera almost couldn't keep up with the action!

No comments: