Sunday, July 8, 2012

BLOW hard...

Once again today,  I needed a way to entertain the boys that didn't involve TV or going outdoors (too hot for me). I finally decided, why not head to the basement where I know it's cool and the boys could do something messy... which is always fun.
We didn't have any paint gun battles or splatter paint on the walls, but I was able to help them to pull off some rather decent straw paintings. Nathan had no problem supplying lung power through his straw once he figured out the technique. Joshua did well at first but then quickly switched to strictly painting with his brush, rather than dealing with that tricky straw.
The high note was that Joshua got to use a blow dryer on some old crayon bits and created an interesting little work of art! He of course was quite enthused with the noise of the dryer and the melting of wax.
Gun shaped heat ray + helpless waxy victims = joy for that boy!

Here's a little gallery of the final works.







HA, HA, HA CRAYONS... SAY YOUR PRAYERS!!

No comments: