Today we went for a "little" hike along the trails of Mt. Major in Alton, NH. It was a hike meant for the Dads of the local home school group and their children. We carpooled with our friends Jon and Noah Stark.
It was beautiful weather for a hike. It turned out that I didn't need to pack 50% percent of the things jammed into the pack I was carrying, but you never know. Our pack was We made it to the summit (elevation 1,786 feet above sea level) in about 1 hour and 20 minutes on the blue trail, had lunch, relaxed a bit and then headed back down the longer but less steep yellow trail. There were a couple of slips and a lot of fun. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no complaint about walking on the way up on the Mt. Major Trail or on the way down on the Brook Trail.
It was a good time. Perhaps some more hiking excursions will have to happen in the future.
It was a good time. Perhaps some more hiking excursions will have to happen in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment