Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy ending?



Joshua made his first trip to Friendly's today. Loved it! Loved it so much he slept the whole time. We're gonna have to do something about how he expresses excitement... it's bringing some people down. He looks cute though, so it's all good.

Nathan is a veteran at the joint and was saying, "I go Friendly's" as soon as we even mentioned Nana and Peabody. As soon as we got in the door he made a bee-line for the claw grab game to see if Elmo was still in his glass asylum. He was buried beneath what looked like an original Care Bear and a crazy looking moose, but he was still there.

We got situated at the table and the waitress was surprised to hear Nathan hurriedly order himself "Gwill cheese and fench fies"... no time to be wasted with chit-chat and specials, get straight to the ordering man!

Nana Laureen and Julie, the ones responsible for Nathan's Friendly's addiction and 2 visits away from getting their pictures on the wall, were also able to order without even a glance at the menu. I however, stuck out like a third graders tongue, scrambling for the menu and wasting valuable time. Nathan looked disgusted with my lack of preparation. What can I say son... I don't get out much?

Once our order was in, Nathan went to work on his placemat. Coloring with such fury that he left crayons snapped in his wake. I think only the blue one survived his waxy assault on the paper.

Lunch was nice, the ice cream was as always a "happy ending" in Friendly's speak, but the evening held a darker series of events.

Event 1 - was Nathan suddenly going from his normal rambuncious self to little boy blew. Yes blew... as in chunks.

Event 2 - was Joshua deciding he would try to create a new olympic event... Poop Shot! We were checking his temperature (you know where) to make sure he didn't possibly have what Nathan did and apparently his legs were in perfect position to inspire his record setting attempt. The wall and a curious mumma just barely escaped some involuntary participation.

Event 3 - was all about me and the washing machine. We're good friends, that machine and I. Somehow warm events like these always bring us closer together. Shout out to Kenmore. I'll catch you on the flip side.

Why no pictures of these last wonderful events you ask? Sometimes it's better to leave some things to the imagination... just envision "Gwill cheese with fies" remixed and the colorful yet random canvas of a misguided 2 week old graffiti artist.

Happy ending anyone?

I thought not.
I don't have much of an appetite right now either.

No comments: