Sunday, August 24, 2008

Let's Try This Again...

As you can tell by the last “secret” contribution to the page it’s been busy in and out of the Waller household as of late, trying to adjust to the fun filled lifestyle of multiple children.

For some reason I chose to try to rest during down time rather than blog.
I know... what was I thinking leaving you hanging like that.
Forgive me.

Let's try this again.

Daddy sadly went back to work on the 11th and was genuinely bummed to have to go back to “babysitting” adults at work as apposed to the boys at home. Mommy has had a nice supporting cast of helpers from our families to make the transition a little more smooth and a lot more enjoyable (for them especially) for everyone. Even still I'm sure she is drawing on a lot of her special Mommy powers to get through the day.


Joshua is doing nicely. Packing on the pounds and observing his surroundings (whatever things may look like to his little eyes). He sucks down formula like a ShopVac. He’s a month old now and I’m already getting a sense of his personality. He's officially a member of society now! He got his first piece of official mail when he got his SS# recently... he's reached the big time... officially on the grid. I think that means he can start working now. Time is flying yet again. It's not possible to slow it down, but the times I can sit and just look at the little guy are timeless.

He has been sleeping more regularly at night, which is good for Julie and I. Nathan set the bar pretty high by sleeping through the night at 9 weeks, so we’ll see if Joshua can top that. Would be nice… a little competition is good... GO JOSHUA!!



Nathan is also doing swell. Big brother has been very helpful. He has been great at throwing out diapers and getting important things that may be out of reach, like the burp cloth when Joshua lets fly with his latest meal. Nathan continues to get bigger & taller… with that of course comes heavier, which is magnified when you go from lifting an 8 pounder to a 30+ ball of muscle. His vocabulary is also growing in leaps and bounds, which is quite entertaining at times. He hears, repeats and processes so much more everyday… it’s pretty amazing to see the results of God’s creation.

We went to the park on Saturday and had a blast! Nathan must have gone down the slide 50 times. It was also an opportunity for me to take in just how fast his little legs can carry him when there are no walls slowing him down. We’re going to be investing in a lot of shoes.


It's not EASY... but who said life is supposed to be.
All in all, life is good.
God is good.THE END... for now

No comments: